Hi there and thank you for having a look at Sparrow!
Sparrow is a brand new WordPress theme from Bonfire Themes. Aimed primarily for personal use, it takes a no-nonsense approach, allowing you to get straight to blogging; simply install and you’re ready to publish. No need spend an unreasonable amount of time on configuration just get your content to show up.
That said, Sparrow does come with settings that allow you to customize some key things. However, we’ve avoided bloating the theme and have instead focused on making Sparrow a tight package with unique elements, smooth animations (even on mobile devices!) and are making use of WordPress’ own built-in tools to keep everything as lightweight as possible.
But we’ll stop here and let Sparrow itself do the rest of the talking. We’ll leave this handy list of features below, but please do browse around this demo site to get a first-hand look at what’s on offer.
- clean, well-defined and fully-responsive liquid design
- beautiful and subtle animations
- easy logo uploader enabled
- single-level main menu + site-wide author Gravatar display with its own secondary single-level menu (custom image option also available)
- randomized header backgrounds
- post- & page-specific header backgrounds (+ YouTube video backgrounds)
- touch-enabled gallery (customized PhotoSwipe)
- PageLoader plugin included ($15 value)
- optional full-screen static front page (image or video background)
- share buttons at the end of posts (Twitter, Facebook, Google+, E-mail)
- ready for translation/localization (.mo, .po files included)
- clean and minimal jQuery comment form
- contact form with validation
- widgetized footer
- ready-to-edit child theme
- tested on several browsers across multiple operating systems and devices (Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, Opera, iOS, Android, Windows devices)
- a ton of extremely customizable shortcodes: alerts, progress bars, text highlighting, dividers, buttons, boxes etc. + shortcodes for YouTube, Vimeo, USTREAM, DailyMotion, Blip.tv + easy shortcode for placing content in columns (text, images, as well as video)
- extensive documentation